My thoughts and wishes concerning a new DC/DS 24 V2:
First of all, I'm very happy with Jeti having a system that is totally compatible (all RX with all TX) for so many years. I still can use my oldest RX (bought 13 years ago) with the newest TX. Jeti is doing much better than the other competitors. I can totally understand to introduce an improved system (900NG) that is not compatible anymore after such a long time.
Although the DC/DS 16/24 Hardware ist still good looking and long lasting I'm waiting for a new generation of RX design.
My wishlist for a new high-end TX:
- Gimbal spring tention and throttle tention adjustable from the front - without the need to open the whole case.
- 50% larger display with an at least 4 times higher resolution
- Micro-displays at each switch/knob as labels for their function
- Folder/subfolder structure in the model storage to organise different model types
- longer model names including comments
- touchscreen only if it really works great, otherwhise it's a pain in the a...
- operation by hardware knobs/buttons is essential - with or without touchscreen
And I am happy with the suggestion "micro-displays at each switch/knob as lables". I posted the same idea here years ago and nearly nobody understood what I meant or nearly was laughing about it Happy to see that others understand the usage of such little displays
I fly models of totally different types (sailplanes, acro, heli, drone).
I need sheets showing the switch layouts when changing to another type, or I get confused about it.
Labels, showing the actual function, stored together with the model would be a great improvement.
Also I fly acro and sailplane with a slight snap-in on the throttle / butterfly and heli and drone without.
Impossible to change these settings by opening the back cover each time and even though I drilled small holes in the cover to do the changes without opening it, it's pretty troublesome.